Snapchat is becoming increasingly popular among people. In 2022, there were 332 million daily active users recorded worldwide. Many Snapchat users are facing the issue that their Snapchat keeps on crashing. Users are complaining that their Snapchat keeps on crashing for a long time. The Snapchat app keeps on crashing right after they launch it for some users, while for others, it closes automatically after freezing after use.
If you are facing this problem, read this guide to find out the reason for this happening and how to fix it. So let’s dive into your favorite social media network to make you get the best out of it.
Why Snapchat Keeps Crashing?
In smartphones, it is a very common phenomenon for apps to crash, and that’s why there is no need to worry too much about it.
Also, any app in this world can have glitches and errors at times, so don’t get yourself immersed in concern.
Like Facebook and Instagram, Snapchat is updated often to let users get the best experience while using the app, but this sometimes results in errors and random glitches that are faced by the users.
The most common issue that Snapchat users have been facing for a long time now is that the message “Unfortunately, Snapchat has stopped” appears on the screen. If you are one of those users, you might wonder why this keeps happening.
Snapchat does not have a definite reason for crashing the app, but it can happen because of numerous reasons.
The first reason is less RAM. It can slow down the app and, in the worst cases, can stop the app.
The second main reason is the incompatible versions of Snapchat that are installed on iPhone or Android.
Although server downtime crashes are not so common, this could be one of the main reasons for Snapchat crashing on your phone.
As you know that Snapchat works with the internet, and poor or no internet connection might be the reason why your Snapchat has been crashing lately.
With the improper or disrupted connection between Snapchat and its server, you may continue to see crashing issues again and again.
If you have installed third-party unauthorized apps on your phone, it might be a reason for your Snapchat’s recurring crashing.
Using a VPN to connect your Snapchat may hamper its functioning and cause Snapchat to be insatiable on your device.
Hacking is also one of the major reasons people are not able to use their accounts. It is possible that someone played with your account and caused the app to crash.
Now that we’ve told you the major factors that may contribute to Snapchat crashing on your phone, here are some simple solutions to fix the issue and start using Snapchat without any hurdles.
Easy Solutions to Fix Snapchat Crashing Issue
Check your Internet Connection
First of all, check the network connection of your phone and the internet device. If the connection is improper, try connecting to another source and then try using the app.
Snapchat doesn’t work well with a slow internet connection so make sure that you check your connection. You can disconnect and then reconnect your WiFi or cellular data. You can also try rebooting your router to make sure your WiFi is working just fine.
Following are the steps that may help you re connecting your WiFi on your iPhone:
- Tap and hold the Settings icon.
- A pop-up menu will appear. Select WiFi from that pop-up menu.
- Turf off the WiFi to disconnect from the Internet.
- Then, turn on the WiFi to connect to the internet again.
If the issue persists, try rebooting your Wifi router. You can disconnect and reconnect your cellular data in the same manner. After reconnecting, check if the app is working properly. This method ensures that there is no glitch in your phone or network that is causing Snapchat to crash frequently.
You can also try disconnecting and reconnecting your internet if you have an Android phone.
Check for Server Interruption
Applications are sometimes shut down because of maintenance reasons. If Snapchat is temporarily shut down in your region, you will not be able to use the app as it keeps on crashing.
When it happens, Snapchat users are informed through various channels like the Twitter page of Snapchat. There are also some websites that post such statuses, so make sure you check them as well.
Check for Pending Software Updates
If you have updated your iOS or Android but haven’t updated your Snapchat software yet, the app is more likely to crash, as a lot of users reported that they experienced the app crashing when they did not update the software.
So make sure you are using the updated version of your phone’s software and Snapchat.
Uninstall Malicious Apps
If you have installed an app outside of Playstore or App Store, this might be the reason for your Snapchat crashing frequently. These third-party apps are destabilizing for your phone. So as soon as you spot one, make sure you delete it as soon as possible.
Close and Re-Open Snapchat
Sometimes Snapchat crashes frequently, and you don’t understand the reason why. The reason is that the app’s data gets corrupted, so you can close it and then open it again for a fresh start. Most of the time, the issue gets resolved, and the app starts working just fine. You can use this trick for apps other than Snapchat as well.
This is how you can close and then re-open the app:
- Swipe up from the bottom through the middle of your screen. If you are using iPhone, you can double-press the home button.
- Your recently used apps will appear on the screen.
- Scroll and find Snapchat and then forcefully stop the app.
Try Clearing the Cache
Maybe your Snapchat is crashing because of the cache in your app. Snapchat doesn’t work really well when there’s an outdated cache. Luckily, it has the option to clear the cache under all accounts, and doing this ensures that your app works smoothly.
Here’s how you can clear your cache on your iPhone for a smooth and inconvenient app experience:
- Open the app.
- At the upper left corner, tap your profile icon.
- After that, tap on the gear icon at the top right corner.
- Scroll down and select Account Actions.
- Select clear cache.
- Tap the Clear option.
- After the cache is cleared, Snapchat needs to get restarted. Tap okay when Snapchat gives you the option to restart.
If you have Android, follow the steps below to clear the Snapcha cache:
- Open Settings on your Android device.
- Scroll down and select Apps.
- Scroll again and find Snapchat and then click on it.
- From the options, click Storage.
- Tap the Clear Cache option.
- Restart your Snapchat and check if the problem is solved now.
Restart Your Device
If your Snapchat is frequently crashing, try restarting your phone to stop the processes that might cause your Snapchat not to work properly.
To restart your iPhone:
- Open settings.
- Select General.
- Scroll down to the bottom and then select Shut down.
- You will see the power button on the screen, just slide that to the right side, and you’re done.
You can also do this easily while using your power button. To do that:
- Press the power button and the volume buttons at the same time and hold for a few moments.
- Slide the power icon to the right side.
After you’ve shut down your iPhone, just wait for a few moments and then restart your phone by holding the power button unless you see an apple appearing on the screen.
To restart your Android device:
- Tap and hold the Power button.
- A menu will appear, select Reboot or Restart from the menu to restart your Android device.
After rebooting your device, your Snapchat should work completely fine. Not just for Snapchat, your phone’s performance improves after you restart your device.
Delete and Reinstall Snapchat
If you’ve tried all the remedies above and nothing has worked, just go ahead to delete and reinstall your Snapchat.
Make sure you remember your account, username, and password so that all your memories and snaps are restored when you log in again.
To delete Snapchat on Android:
- Open the Play Store on your Android device.
- Search and click Snapchat.
- Then, click the Uninstall option.
- After the app has been uninstalled, you can then click the Install option to download and install the app again.
To do the same on your iPhone, follow the steps below:
- Tap and hold the Snapchat icon on your iPhone.
- A menu will appear. From that, select Remove App.
- Then tap on the Delete App option.
After you’ve done deleting the app, open the App Store.
- Search for Snapchat.
- Tap the Install option or the cloud icon to install Snapchat on your phone.
Get the Most Out of Snapchat
We know how frustrating it is when an app keeps on crashing and it doesn’t work smoothly, and to save you from the hassle, we listed the top remedies that work for fixing the issue. One of the above tricks should definitely work for fixing the error you’re facing. To enjoy using the app, make sure that it works smoothly and properly.